India is the land of rich herbal species and herbal products, since ancient times. These herbs are grown and cultivated in all parts of India i.e. from North to South and East to West. These herbs offer wide variety of medicinal significance and importance which are very useful to mankind, because of the medicinal properties these herbs are very much in demand not only in India but other parts of the world as well. India is also known as second highest producer of medicinal herbs all around the globe after China. One can find a wide variety of medicinal species in the high mountains of Himalayas, Nilgiri, and Aravalis Mountains that’s why these mountains are also known as the biggest reserves of a wide number of medicinal species. Tracking back the history one can say that these medicinal species are grown and cultivated by the number of tribal communities living in India for a number of purposes such as food and medicines. These medicinal species are categorized on the basis of their Family, Genus and Species they belong. Ayurveda is the traditional name given to these medicinal species, using in India since ancient times. These medicinal species provides lots and lots of medicinal benefits with no side effects.
In the recent years, the demand of these Indian medicinal species has increased tremendously all around the world, which on the other hand has categorized the species under the category of endangered species. Some serious measures are required to take in order to protect these species, otherwise will extinct very soon.
Some of the most important plant species found in the India medicinal system are listed below.
Withania Somnifera: It is also called as Ashwagandha. It belongs to Family Solanaceae. It is also known by a different name in different parts of the world. It is one of the important species known in Indian Ayurveda. These plant species are grown mainly in India, Northern Africa and Middle East. It offers lots and lots of medicinal benefits. Some of the benefits are listed below.
- It is useful in curing Stress and Depression
- It is useful for curing Sexual disorders
- It is useful for maintaining physical and mental health of the body
- It is useful for treating Cancer
- It is very useful in maintaining Diabetes
It is also called as Jimson Weeds. It belongs to the Nightshade family. It is also called as Jamestown weed, stinkweed, locoweed, pricklyburr & devil’s cucumber. The plant species is native to Mexico and some parts of India as well. Apart from Medicinal benefits the plant species also have some spiritual values. Some of the benefits offered by Datura Stramonium are listed below.
- It is useful for treating Baldness
- It is useful for Curing Asthma
- It is useful for treating Pain
- It is also useful for treating Earache
- It is also useful for treating Headaches
3.Ocimum Sanctum : It is also called as Tulsi. It belongs to Family Lamiaceae. It is grown commonly in Indian Subcontinent and Southeast Asia. It also posses lots of spiritual value. Some of the medicinal benefits offered by Ocimum Sanctum are listed below.
- It is useful for treating Swelling and Pain
- It is also useful for healing Pimples and Scars
- It is useful for Purifying Blood
- It is useful in Reducing Stress
- It is very useful for number of Lung Disorders
It is also called as Neem. It belongs to Family Meliaceae. It is also called as Indian Lilac. It is grown commonly in Indian Subcontinent, Nepal, Srilanka, Pakistan and Bangladesh. All the part of plants has lots and lots of medicinal importance. Some of the advantages offered by Azadirachta Indica are listed below.
- It is helpful in treating Skin Infection
- It play a major role in Clearing Skin and Reducing Pimples
- It is useful for Curing Malaria
- It is useful for Curing Oral disorders
- It is useful for treating number of Sexually Transmitted Disorders
5. Chlorophytum Borivilianum:
It is also called as Safed Musli. It belongs to Family Asparagaceae. It also holds an important position in Indian Medicinal System. It is also called as Musli. Some of the medicinal benefits offered by Safed Musli are.
1. It is used for preparing a number of Sexual tonics
2. It is used for preparing Health tonics
3. It is useful for Curing Obesity
4. It is effective In Cough and Asthma
5. It is useful for Increasing Immunity
The blog therefore provides information about some of the best herbal medicines very useful to keep body healthy.