Neem also known as Nimtree and Indian Lilac is one of the important plant species known in Ayurveda as the plant species of rich medicinal significance and importance. The botanical name of Neem is Azadirachta indica. It belongs to Meliaceae family. It is grown commonly in the Indian subcontinent, including Nepal, Srilanka, Pakistan, Bangladesh, some parts of the Middle East. The Neem plant also bears fruit, leaves and seed which are the richest source of medicinal value and importance. The flowers of Neem are off white in color and posses strong fragrance as well, whereas the fruit of Neem is small and has a bitter taste.
Medicinal benefits of Neem
As a richest source of medicinal values it offers lots of medicinal benefits. Some of the medicinal benefits of Neem are listed below.
- It plays a major role in boosting the Immune System.
- It is very beneficial for treating Acne (Skin Diseases).
- It provides relief from Bad Breath
- It protects from Diabetes
- It is helpful for curing Malaria and its Symptoms
- It is helpful for curing Dandruff
- It is also useful in Strengthening Hairs.
- It is also useful in curing and preventing Pimples.
- It is used as a major cure against Oral Infection.
- It plays a major part in lowering the risk of Cardiovascular Diseases.
- It is also proven useful for providing relief from Constipation and other disorders.
- It is also useful for treating a number of Sexually Transmitted Diseases.
How Neem Helps In Reducing Cancer Risk?
Apart from above listed disorders, Neem is also useful for treating Cancer. Cancer is one of most deadly disorder known to Mankind since ancient times. Cancer is related to unusual growth of cells with the capacity to spread it into the other parts of the body. Due to cancer, there is a sudden increase in the number of Death’s in the recent years. It has extended its reach to different parts of the worlds as well. There are a number of hospitals and medicines available in India and all around the world playing a major role in curing cancer, but it is very costly and not possible for a common man to afford the cost of treatment. So Ayurveda has proven as a major substitute for treating cancer at a lower cost and Neem plant, one of the best known species in Indian Ayurveda for curing and reducing the effects of Cancer.
The Neem plant posse’s antioxidants, which play a major role in reducing the growth of certain types of cancers. As antioxidants, neutralizes the free radicals produced by the cellular metabolism that can cause cancer and other disorders. It is also said that extracts of Neem are packed with a number of natural substances like limonin, azadirachtin, kaemferole, beta-carotene, ascorbic acid and many more which play a major part in promoting the immune system, lowering inflammation and inhibiting the growth of cancer cells. Apart from these the extracts of Neem leaves can cause Apoptosis. Apoptosis is defined as process of planned cell death.
The blog will help you to know how Neem and Neem extracts play a major role in curing and reducing cancer.