According to Yogic theory Kundalini is defined as the source of energy located in the base of the spine in coiled form. The term Kundalini is a Sanskrit word which means coiled like a snake. It is present in everyone’s body in the dormant state. It can be happy, disruptive or scary and it depends upon by the way by which you awaken it. It can be awakened by purpose or accident because of some accident.
Kundalini awakening is defined as the process of stimulating Kundalini Shakti or power lying in the base in coiled form; it is a tough procedure and can be awakened by meditation, Yoga, enlightenment, bliss and other activities. Here are some of the tips for awakening Kundalini are listed below.
By Rising Above Desire: By rising above the desires and by going beyond the senses one can achieve purity of mind and will play a major role in awakening the Kundalini.
By Purifying the body: One can awaken Kundalini by purifying the body and body can be purified by drinking water, taking nutritious food, exercise and avoiding drugs, alcohol, smoking.
By Practicing Yoga: Practicing yoga is one of the best and easiest ways in order to awaken yoga, there are various posses known in yoga to awaken Kundalini.
By Meditation: After yoga meditation is also the best ways known in order to awaken awakening.
By Balancing Energy: One can also awaken Kundalini by balancing the downward energy of the first chakra with the upward Kundalini energy.
Symptoms of Kundalini Awakening
By physical process of awakening Kundalini have some side effects. Some of the side effects or symptoms are listed below.
- Jerks, Shaking, Itching
- Energy rush in blood circulation
- Feeling of excessive heat or cold
- Irregular heartbeat
- Mood Swing
- Sensitive to light and sound
How Yoga is useful in Awakening Kundalini
Yoga is one of the best ways of awakening Kundalini. Kundalini yoga one of the yoga forms known for awakening Kundalini. Kundalini yoga is also known as Laya yoga. It composes of a number of posses and Mudras.
Posses of Kundalini yoga
- Crow Pose
- Frog Pose
- Stretch Pose
- Camel Pose
- Cobra Pose
- Guru Pranaam
- Sat Kriya Pose
- Mudras of Kundalini yoga
- Gayan Mudra – It promotes concentration and focusing ability
- Shunye Mudra – It promotes patience
- Surya Mudra – It is useful for providing power, health and energy
- Jal Mudra – It provides sensitive communication
- Venus Lock – It balances sexuality and glands
- Prayer Mudra – It balances Yin and yang energy
- Bear Grip – It promotes high concentration of heart
Benefits of Kundalini yoga
Kundalini yoga offers a number of benefits.
- It is very useful for gaining potential
- It is useful for understanding the purpose of life
- It is useful for increasing intuitive mind power
- It plays a major part in creating joy in heart and soul
- It is useful for strengthening and increasing aura, which play a major part in removing negativity
- It is useful for reinforcing the nervous system
- It balances the gland
- It purifies the blood
- It provides endurance and flexibility to face extra pressure.