Isreali Prime-Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s on the visit to India from 14 to 19 of January 2018. India Isreal relation has become very dynamic in recent past especially with the Narendra Modi at the helm of the affair but in reality, India and Isreal are sharing the strong bond from long back. Mr. Netanyahu will be the second Prime Minister of Israel to visit India. Mr. Netanyahu’s visit comes within 6 months of Prime Minister Modi’s historic visit to Israel. This partnership is going to be one of the most important bilateral partnerships for India. Israel is a key partner in areas of defense and agriculture. There is huge scope for co-operation in cyber security, water management & tourism as well. Here is a brief summary of major events in the relationship between these India and Isreal so far.
Important Milestone between India – Isreal Relationship
- September 17, 1950: India formally recognized Israel.
- 1992: India establishes diplomatic relations with India
- 1997: Ezer Weizmann, Israeli President visits India.
- 2003: Prime Minister Ariel Sharon visits India.
- 2016: Israeli President Reuven Rivlin visited India for six days.
- 2017: Prime Minister Modi becomes the first Indian Prime Minister to visit Israel
- 2018: Benjamin Netanyahu visits India from January 14-19
- India provided a budgetary assistance to a tune of US$ 30 million to Palestine in different stages.
- During the visit of President Abbas to India in the year 2008, India announced a grant of US$ 10 million as budgetary support and this was transferred to Palestinian March 2009.
- During the visit of President Abbas to India in February 2010, India announced a budgetary support of US$ 10 million and this was transferred in the month of March 2010.
- Again in 2012, during the visit of President Abbas India announced a grant of US$ 10 million as budgetary support to Palestine.
- During the year 2015, India provided a total of $9 million as financial assistance to Palestine; $4 million was provided as project assistance towards the reconstruction of Gaza (on 12 January 2015), and $5million was provided as budgetary assistance (on 12 October 2015).
This tour of Israeli PM is looked as a continuation of strong friendship which is initiated by both the country head. India will look to recement its bond in this tour after it voted in favor of Palestine in the UN many people in Isreal and India was unhappy by India’s position in UN, the govt will try to mitigate the effect of that voting event. The world is looking for this tour of Isreali PM to India lets see what result it give in a long and short run for both country betterment.