Yoga a word derived from the Sanskrit word “yuj” which means “to join”. It is one of the best and easy ways known nowadays to attain complete peace of body and mind. One can also say that with yoga one can attain discipline by performing physical, mental and spiritual practices. Yoga can be defined as the ancient art based on the system of development and peace of mind soul and heart. A male practitioner who performs Yoga is called Yogi, whereas a female practitioner who performs Yoga is Yogini.
One cannot connect yoga to any caste or religion. It is an aid of mental and physical practice. The process of Yoga can be performed in India from 2500 years ago and going till now and will continue to grow as it plays a major part in attaining complete peace of soul and mind. Facts says that Yoga was developed by sheers and ascetics living in southern india. Apart from these yoga have some features tracked back from the period of Buddhism, as during the buddhism major stress is given to meditation and physical practices to attain peace of soul and mind. 21st June is celebrated as International World Yoga Day all across the globe.
Asana and Pranayama are the two major components of Yoga. Asana refers to attain a particular body posture and to maintain it till your body allows whereas Pranayama is made up of combination of two words where Prana refers to breath and Ayama refers to control. Hence the word Pranayama means to control breath, it is one of the best ways known to fight against mental disturbance and illness.
Benefits of Yoga:
BY doing yoga in a right way one can attain number of advantages and benefits some of them are listed below.
- Free from all types of Stress
- You will feel energized and refresh
- Body and mind will become flexible
- Free from all type of diseases and disorders
- Your mind will be more focussed
Forms of Yoga:
There are number of forms by which one can perform yoga.Some of them are listed below
- Bhakti Yoga
- Karma Yoga
- Kundalini Yoga
- Hatha Yoga
- Raja Yoga
- Jnana Yoga
After performing these different types of yoga one can attain complete peace and will lead you body and mind to a positive direction.
Some Interesting points and facts about Yoga
- It enhances your mood
- It will make you body more immune and increase your lifespan
- Nude Yoga another way of practising yoga, performed in many countries all around the globe
- There are over 100 yoga schools available all around the world.
- One should take rests while doing yoga.
- For muslims Yoga is banned in Malaysia
- Doga a form of Yoga for Dogs
- Yoga aids to make lungs and heart healthy.
- Hot Yoga a form of Yoga extremely dangerous.
After studying all the prospects one can say that Yoga one of the best ways to attain discipline and peace.