Union minister Manoj Sinha is now the frontrunner for the post of BJP’s chief minister in Uttar Pradesh as he is a Narendra Modi’s personal Choice for the post.
It is certain that Manoj Sinha would be taking oath as CM of Uttar Pradesh on 19- March-2017.
Know Some Facts about Manoj Sinha
- Manoj Sinha was born on 1st July 1959 Mohanpura, Ghazipur District, India.
- Sinha is M.tech in civil engineering from the Indian Institute of Technology (BHU) Varanasi (earlier called IT-BHU)
- He was elected the president of Banaras Hindu University Students Union in 1982 from ABVP ( Student Unions of BJP.)
- He was elected to the Lok Sabha for the first time in 1996 and repeated the term in 1999.
- Manoj Sinha was a member of the BJP national council from 1989 to 1996.
- He was elected to the Gazipur Lok sabha seat for a third term in national politics when the BJP swept the Lok Sabha elections in 2014.
- Prior to joining active politics, he was a member of the General Council, School of Planning during 1999-2000
- He was made the Minister of State for the Railways Ministry in the first set of ministers inducted into Narendra Modi government in May 2014.
- In July 2016, during the second cabinet reshuffle, he was also made Minister of State (Independent Charge) of the Communications Ministry.
- Manoj belongs to Bhumihar Kayastha or Zamindar Kayastha.