Ayurveda is one of the important ancient medicinal systems of India. The history of Ayurveda in India is rooted to ancient India when there was existence of Aryans, Indus Valley Civilization and many other dynasties. The ayurveda consist of number of plant and herb species which play a major role in curing number of disorders in both men and women. Ayurveda has some of the plant species which proves beneficial for curing number of disorders in women’s such as Menstruation, menopause, obesity, irregular periods, acne, anemia, stress and many more.
Withania Somnifera :-
One of the important ayurvedic species grown mostly in India, Nepal and China. It belongs to Solanaceae Family. It is a shrub grown up to 35 – 75 cm tall. It also bears leaves flower and fruits.
Medicinal Benefits of Withania Somnifera
- Reduces Aging: Withania Somnifera is very beneficial for decreasing cortisol production which on the other hand proven very beneficial for removing stress thus reduces aging.
- It Provides Menopausal Support: Withania Somnifera play a major role in reduction of anxiety and mood swing. It also acts on endocrine system and promotes hormonal balance which results in menopausal support.
- Increases Sexual Potency: Withania Somnifera is very beneficial for promoting sexual desire by increasing the blood flow and reducing tension.
- Fertility: It is very beneficial for curing stress, hormonal imbalance and illness which help in promoting fertility in women’s.
- Energy Booster: It is very beneficial for reducing number of stress related disorders thus promoting the level of energy.
Glycyrrhiza Glabra :-
Another important ayurvedic species offering number of medicinal benefits for women. It belongs to Fabaceae family. It is grown mostly in Southern Europe and Asia. It is an herbaceous perennial plant grown up to 1 m in height, it also bears leaves, flowers and fruits
Medicinal Benefits of Glycyrrhiza Glabra
- Treating Menopause: The phytoestrogenic and antioxidant activity posses by Glycyrrhiza Glabra are very beneficial for curing menopause in women’s.
- Beneficial for treating PMS: It posses antispasmodic, anti-inflammatory property which is very beneficial for curing number of PMS (Pre Menstrual Symptoms) in women’s such as mood swing, breast tenderness and bloating.
- Beneficial for Curing Menstrual Cramps: It posses anti inflammatory properties that is why it is advised to take Glycyrrhiza Glabra root tea before 3 days from expected period which is very beneficial for curing menstrual cramps.
Asparagus Racemosus (Shatavari)–
Ayurveda. It is also called as Shatavari. It belongs to Asparagaceae family. It is grown mostly in Nepal, Sri Lanka and India. It also posses flowers and fruits.
Medicinal Benefits of Asparagus Racemosus
- Promotes Fertility in Females: It cleans the blood and nourishes the female reproductive organs thus promoting fertility in women’s.
- Enhancing the level of Estrogens: It contains phyto – estrogen which is which is very beneficial for enhancing the level of estrogens in those women’s who suffer from low natural estrogens level.
- Prevents Anemia: It contains folic acid which helps in preventing anemia in women’s.
Azardirachta Indica –
Yet another important ayurvedic plant of rich medicinal importance in Ayurveda. It belongs to Meliaceae family. It is a tree grown up to 15 – 20 meters. It is an evergreen plant posse’s leaves, fruits and flowers. It is grown in Indian subcontinent namely, Sri Lanka, Nepal, Pakistan and Bangladesh.
Medicinal Benefits of Neem Azardirachta Indica
- Curing Skin Infection: It posses antibacterial properties which makes it beneficial for curing number of skin infection and disorders in women’s.
- Beneficial for Weight Loss: The juice of Neem flower improves metabolism of the body and burns fat which thus beneficial for weight loss.
- Providing Relieve from ameobiasis: Due to antibiotic activity of Neem it is proven beneficial for providing relieve against ameobiasis
- Prevents Oral Disorders: It posses antimicrobial and antifungal properties which play a major part in curing number of oral disorders such as gum diseases, toothache and bad breath.
It belongs to Asparagaceae family. It is grown most commonly in India. It is also grown and eaten in many parts of India as well. It is an herb with lanceolate leaves.
Medicinal Benefits of Chlorophytum Borivilaianum
- Strengths Immunity: The roots of Chlorophytum Borivilaianum is beneficial for strengthening Immune System
- Useful for Pregnancy: The herbs of Chlorophytum Borivilaianum acts as nutritive tonic for both fetus and mother.
- Increasing Lactation: The roots of Chlorophytum Borivilaianum are beneficial for increasing the quality and flow of breast milks in feeding mothers.
It is a creeping herb composed of number of biochemical compounds such as Brahmine, Herpestine, flavonoids, saponins, sterols and much more offering number of medicinal benefits. It belongs to family Plantaginaceae and native to southern of India, Europe, Africa, Asia, North and South America. It also posses leaves and flowers.
Medicinal Benefits of Bacopa Monnieri
- Beneficial for Hair loss treatment: Hair fall, Dandruff, Itching, are some of the common problem with women’s and by applying Bacopa Monnieri oil on scalp it is beneficial for curing hair loss, dandruff and itching.
- Beneficial for Skin: It posses antioxidants which are beneficial for curing number of skin disorders. It is also beneficial for skin complexion and also promotes skin cell growth and regeneration
- Beneficial for Stress Reduction: It also acts as an adaptogen which adapts various stressful conditions. Cortisol hormone present in human body is responsible for stress and Bacopa Monnieri plays an important part in reducing the level of Cortisol thus reducing Stress.
The blog provides detailed information about the medicinal benefits offered by number of Ayurvedic herbs especially for women’s.